JGB Designated as a Korean War Commemorative Partner
April, 25, 2001
At the invitation of the Secretary of Defense, JGB Enterprises has been designated as a “Commemorative Partner” by the Department of Defense’s (DOD) 50th Anniversary of the Korean War, Commemorative Community Committee.
This program is designed to promote awareness of the 50th anniversary of the Korean War, which will occur from 2000 to 2003. The overall purpose of the program is to honor the nearly 1.8 million veterans who served in the Korean War, their family members, especially families who lost loved ones and to recognize the contributions and sacrifices made on the home front.
As a Commemorative Partner, JGB Enterprises will develop and participate in programs to help provide Americans with a clear understanding and appreciation of the lessons and history of the Korean War, and to educate every generation of Americans on the historical impact of the Korean War in saving a nation from enslavement and preserving peace, freedom and prosperity.
- Identify, thank and honor the veterans of the Korean War, their families, especially those who lost loved ones.
- Recognize and remember the Prisoners of War and Missing in Action (POW/MIA).
- Recognize the contributions of women and minorities to their Nation during the Korean War.
- Provide the American public with a clearer understanding and appreciation of the lessons, history, and legacy of the Korean War.
- Inform future generations of the United States military's contributions to the Nation in maintaining world peace and freedom through preparedness and engagement.
- Recognition of United Nations forces engaged in preserving the peace, freedom and prosperity of the Republic of Korea.
- Ensure commemoration events strengthen and unify the bonds of friendship and relationships throughout the world focusing on the 22 countries that fought as Allies and the adversaries.